Evolve Drupal 8, faster
There’s an unprecedented opportunity to quickly add and evolve critical features and usability improvements to Drupal 8. We can ship new things every 6 months. The amount of change we accomplish depends for a large part on clearly defined goals and a clear path to get there.
I volunteer about 4 to 8 hours a week on Drupal core ux work doing just that. Would love to do more.
If you are waiting for Drupal 8 to have things like better media capabilities, content workflow tools, a better Field UI, a smoother onboarding process and the like, I can help make that happen faster.
The deal: a €3000,- per month retainer gets you a solid 30 hours of design making, decision taking, issue wrangling, people connecting, task defining and all that’s necessary to get things done. Contact me if that sounds like a plan.
- Close to 10 years of working on Drupal UX. Experience helps moving things along.
- I translate and clarify, bridging and translating between different perspectives, roles and priorities
- Which helps make the necessary design trade-offs and provide direction
- Clear design direction frees developers to actually go for it, reducing risk of working on the wrong thing.
- Rebooted twice weekly UX meetings, productive on both strategic and tactical levels, getting more people to succesfully contribute.
No really, why me?
- Bootstrapped Drupal UX team in 2007, contributing ever since
- Top 30 contributor to Drupal 7
- Helped redesign content creation page in Drupal 8.0
- Helped ship the Place Block MVP for Drupal 8.2
- Clarified what’s happening in the Workflow Initiative, designed some critical parts of the user interface so that content moderation tools could ship with Drupal 8.2
- Helped define, refine and implement the new approach for shipping new features in Drupal 8.x
What’s in it for you?
- Together we’ll define a plan for what to work on. You get what you need in Drupal 8, sooner
- I’m sure we can figure something out around issue credits so that they are in your name
- Bragging rights for doing the right thing!
- I’ll write 2 blog post per month, crediting you and reporting on achievements and progress.
All in all, I can help ship more Drupal goodness, faster by clarifying and designing what’s next. If that is something you want to support, contact me and lets talk.