UX meeting recap
Topics du jour, how we work, where you can help, the usual
Two meetings every week since end of march this year. Safe to say we’ve found a consistent rhythm.
And it’s working. It’s become a useful way to check in on current priorities, review patches while screensharing (visuals, transitions, flows!), decide on next steps and generally discuss hard problems without having to type so much.
The agenda for today was
- Roadmap – The core roadmap was updated to current state of things. Use this page to get a bird’s eye view on where Drupal core is moving towards.
- Ideation process – The first part of going from idea to plan got positive feedback and helpful questions and suggestions. Maybe a few words from actual maintainers and then we can make it so.
- Status page – We have a beautiful new design that now needs review and more code to create a complete patch. If you know your core markup and CSS, go have a look!
- Block place design update – An issue that iterates the design of an initial commit. We quickly discussed what the feedback should be and I added a comment to that effect right then and there. It’s an example of managing scope, pushing to focus on the actual fix first, and defer new, potentially good ideas to a followup discussion.
- Sample content – Kevin shared his initial thoughts and ideas for adding sample content, structure and configuration to core. More questions then answers but that’s just where we’re at for now. You are welcome to add your questions and ideas, please do.
Hi, I'm Roy and I am a Drupal core UX designer and product manager. I'm looking for people to support my work so that Drupal ships with more better features every six months.